Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Why can't you type?

Well I did the unthinkable today. I attempted to cut off my finger with a pair of electric hedge trimmers. I was cutting some sapplings and it went thru the sappling and my left index finger. I ran to the front door and pounded until Cara came. Let her take a look then it was off to ER we went. Luckily she thought to call our Dr. on the way and he got us in. The pain was intense as hell and I barely kept from passing out while getting there and when we got there. After they gave me a ring block I felt nothing and he sewed me up. Took xrays just to make sure I didn't hit bone. Luckily all my tendons and bone didn't get hit. If they did then I'd be in surgery getting repaired.

Funny thing was while I was cutting the sapplings I was thinking if this can cut branches that thick then it can surely cut through a fin.....that was about the time it got me. At least I'm alive and didn't cut it completely off or do worse damage.

Brad

p.s. Damn it is hard to type w/o your left index finger!!!

No comments: